The Shared Assessments Program has further endorsed DVV Solutions’ credentials as a leader in Third-Party Risk Management with it latest “Guided by SCA 2022” certification.
Shared Assessments SCA Guidelines are intended for use by organisations and third party risk practitioners to ensure consistency related to the execution and reporting of results from third party risk assessments that utilise the Standardised Control Assessment (SCA) Procedures Tool.
Sean O’Brien, MD DVV Solutions commented “We are delighted to have been recognised by Shared Assessments for our integration and use of the SCA in our risk management methodology and standard working practices. The TPRM Toolkit is fundamental to DVV Solutions managed service delivery. It provides peer-built best-practices that create standardisation and scalability to the challenging and labour-intensive supplier assurance process.”
What are the Standardised Control Assessment (SCA) Procedures and Tools?
The SCA Procedures are standardised resources (tools, templates, checklists, guidelines) that can be used to plan, scope, and perform third-party risk “on-site” verifications following a remote/questionnaire-based third-party risk assessment. The procedures provide a standardised and objective assessment workbook for assessors to verify vendor compliance with standardised control testing.
As the COVID pandemic shifted risk management programs towards performing virtual assessments, the SCA served as the standard for improving efficiency, accuracy and quality in remote assessments. Having helped many organisations migrate in-person assessments to virtual assessments, the SCA has matured with:
- Enriched Program-Focused Content with new attributes, categories and risk domains
- Compliance and Operational Risk Improvements including pre-configured procedures for ESG and Corporate Governance
- Data Privacy Restructuring aligning with GDPR, various state and NIST privacy regulation changes
- Strengthened Compliance Documentation to address new regulations including GDPR SCCs (Cross Border Data Transfer) Requirements
- Enhanced Management Reporting with SCA Executive Reporting Data Tables and templates
- Addressing Operational Risk through new procedures
The SCA Guidelines are provided in addition to other Shared Assessments materials and resources that are developed, released, licensed and distributed for standardised use in execution of third party risk assessments.
Learn more about Shared Assessments and the 2022 TPRM Toolkit
To learn more about the Shared Assessments Program and TPRM Toolkit please contact
Co-Chair Shared Assessments UK/EMEA Best Practice Committee
on +44 (0) 161 476 8700, or
Members can download the 2022 Toolkit here
Become involved with making the tools here.
Schedule a demo here.